Friday, February 26, 2010

Go Yield Stop

Go-
What I like most about your class is the discussions. Even though you are the one who talks the most the discussions always make me think about life and other things deeper even if I did not get around to reading the 60 pages of Lolita that was assigned most of the time I can come away with something from the class. When I do read the section for the day I always like to put my two sense into it if I feel comfortable enough to do it. Blogging is also nice because I like to get my ideas out on paper or should I say blog. Most of the assigned readings are enjoyable, however some I did not quite get like Howl and parts of Lolita were confusing.

Yield-
What I find that you should be aware of and not let get out of hand is would be participation in class. I feel like if more people participated I think I would feel more comfortable participating and the class as a whole would participate more often. I also think it would be good to continue to ask discussion questions and not questions that are kind of hard to tell what kind of response we are suppose to give on.

Stop-
The thing I find hardest about your class is the amount of reading for the novels. A lot of times it will be thirty plus pages and with my computer science major work load and slow reading speed I have a hard time reading more than twenty five pages and then after all that reading write a couple paragraph blog about it. It would be a lot easier if the readings were only 2-3 chapters worth nothing longer than thirty pages and there would be a few discussion questions that could be blogged about. You would not have to blog about the questions but they would help get the wheels turning for blogging. A lot of times I sit down to write a blog and I am not sure how to start it or what to write about exactly and I feel like I am just talking out of my butt to make things up that sound smart or something. If i kind of have some sort of idea or blueprint it would help me a lot in writing I think to be more meaningful blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment