Friday, March 12, 2010

Movie Part 2

I could not imagine being a writer. I am way to ADD to be a writer, I would start writing and get distracted or just lose interest in what I was writing about. Not to mention the whole editing process. Whenever people edit my papers and I have spent considerable time on the paper and feel like it is a good paper I always take offense to the edits people make. When my mom edits the crap out of research papers and essays I don't know why but it kind of makes me mad even though I know she is write on most of the edits and she is just trying to help. It might be the fact that I had worked on the paper for so long and now I have to make a bunch of edits. Publishing companies and editors go through so many drafts it is unfathomable to me that I would be able to write a novel especially the fact that I am use to writing five to ten page papers and being mad about having to go back and re-doing things where novels have hundreds of pages in them.

It's not surprising it could drive someone crazy trying to write a novel. They said it took the writer over four years to write The Stones of Summer and you wonder why he only wrote one! Four years ago I was a freshman in high school, that is soooo long ago I would be chilling in a psych ward to if I all I did for four years was work on a novel. Plus it is a giant gamble if you are banking on it selling to make you money because most novels make no money.

As for the movie I am on the edge of my seat to actually see this author, I hope he does eventually find him just for closure even if the author has to wear a straight jacket to see him. The teacher the author dedicated the book to really makes me laugh, he seems pretty eccentric and the ways he would say things was pretty fun. But he does seem like a brilliant man who really knows what he is talking about when he talks about the process of making a novel and literature in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment