Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Movie Last Part

I am really glad the narrator finally found the author. It would have been an awful ending if it just left you hanging with the question of what the author was like and why he had stopped writing. It also gave me a lot of insight into what the life some authors is like. Hectic, I could not imagine being so stressed out I took jobs like a paper boy or welder even though I do enjoy welding a lot I could not take doing it for a living unless i was paid very well. Although I would imagine the satisfaction you get from writing a whole novel yourself and getting published would be worth the hardship to make it. All the authors seemed so intelligent, I feel like I could never become that intelligent or read that many books, I don't think I could get motivated enough to do that. I am more interested in other things to get focused and I do not have the attention to spend hours and hours on writing a story, I would have to have the inspiration of a lifetime or the experience of a lifetime to even think about writing a major novel or work of literature.

The author does not seem stable mentally when ever the narrator talks with him. He goes off on random rants that although they are literature related they don't seem to ever be relevant to the conversation. I watched the Shining again today and it reminded a lot of the author, maybe to not nearly that extreme, as in the author actually wrote a novel but the process had it's wear and tear on both of them in the authors case it was not to that extreme but it did drive him to pursue other careers. It is crazy to think that because of one motivated man The Stones of Summer got into mainstream literature scene again and was kind of reborn. The last thing I have to say about the movie is that I did like the soundtrack, who ever picked the song really knows his movies and the way music sets the mood of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment