Thursday, March 11, 2010

Movie Part 1

I really wish I was a bigger reader, I don't know what it is about my personality that holds me back. In high school and grade school whenever I would get motivated to read for pleasure I would always read a bunch of chapters then stop for months then whenever I would go back to reading the book I would forget everything that happened that I had already read so I would just give up on reading the book. I think the problem is the fact that I do not have enough time or I don't want to devote enough time to be able to make a habit out of reading. My schedule is very hectic, I am either in class at work or in the gym all day during week days and when I am done with all of that I am doing homework and studying then when I am finally done with all that I relax and that relax time is not a lot and I usually spend it doing other things like watching television shows or sports games or just sitting around chilling on facebook while my roommates are cooking some Ramen Noodles. The weekends are where I get my real free time. Friday night and all of Saturday I refuse to do any work and usually am either sleeping or relaxing trying to do the least possible work expending no effort at all in to anything and reading seems to be to taxing of a process and could never be relaxing enough for me. I don't know why it is but whenever I do read for long periods at a time my eyes start to hurt and I get really tired even if it is the middle of the day. I asked my eye doctor about it once and she said I should be able to read fine with my 20/15 vision so I really don't know what the problem is, maybe its just all in my head.

The movie really made me sad because they seem like reading is this awesome voyage and it is a nice hobby to have and be able to talk to other people about different novels. I only knew a few of the books that they rattled off and discussed and only probably a third of the ones I recognized I had read. I feel like I am missing out on so much and just being left behind. If I could some how find enjoyment in reading I could grow so much more as a person opening up personal help books and classics that could benefit my mind, my body, and my way of life.

The way the narrator/main character's obsession with books reminds me a lot with my obsession with movies and music. I am constantly trying to find movies and music that I love and when I find something I really like I make my friends listen/watch it too and see what they think just like the guy in the movie does. Then I thought about how there are way more books then movies especially because people have been able to write books way longer than make movies. I wish I could see the movies the people of the past would make. Imagine a Shakespeare of the movie industry or a Plato of the movie industry, they would probably make Steven Speilberg look like an amateur. Not only great movies, but we would also get a huge insight into what the life and times were like in the past because a lot movies reflect how things are going at that time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment