Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Letter of Introduction

I have a hard time thinking back to what all I have read through high school even though I know it has been quite a bit. Some works that stick out in my mind are Animal Farm by George Orwell Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, and Macbeth by Shakespeare and a lot of random short stories that I can't think of right now.

The books that I have enjoyed reading even though I am not a huge book worm are the Harry Potter Series and Dan Brown novels. I have read all seven harry potter books and I have read the Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and most recently the lost symbol by Dan Brown.

Things I have written consist mostly of school assignments the only thing close to personal writing that I have done is about 4 years ago a site called xanga.com which was basically a blog and one of the first kinds of social networks and status updates on facebook are always a short little personal writing that I sometimes do. School assigned writings have been about literature but most of them have been research. I have done a thesis on Hydrogen fueled cars for biology and also racism for my history class using the movies American History X and Crash along with the biography of Malcolm X which I found very interesting. Last semester in English 103 I wrote two essays about Child Soldiers in Africa. The final essay I wrote in that class was about how tragedy brings people together.

As for a poem about Clemson I will write a Haiku because it is short and to the point even though Clemson means so much more to me than a simple Haiku.

Clemson

Making my future
Clemson University
Hope it is very bright

Football in the fall
Spring flies by without a stall
Summer will not crawl

No comments:

Post a Comment